Monday, April 27, 2009

~ An Anniversary Gift ~

Our Anniversary will be taking place in early May ... the Lord brought into my life a ray of light which showed me how to trust another again. This wonderful man is my best friend, my pillar of strength, my inspiration, my comfort place, and my partner in life. I am blessed every morning as he invites me into his life everyday ... silently ... as I do him. He and I finally found what true love really feels like. Not the love you share with dear family, precious children, and others in your life....those receive a lovely but different kind of love.

What I've learned the most is that a friend is a gift you give yourself, in order to do so, you have to become one. Beyond all the romance, passion's short self life, and all the marketed ideas of what ought to happen or be like -- which I value with all my heart....it's our friendship that's the biggest gift of all and means the most to me. It's what our Love is based on....a solid foundation of trust and honesty. His heart is the sweetest gift I've ever received and I can't even hold it my hand. But it does come all gift wrapped in a manly-style with ribbons of the softest lips I could ever ask for!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~