Monday, October 19, 2009

Want Some?

~ Who Wants Cake? ~

I love cake ... all cakes ... all flavors ... with frosting ... without frosting ... I LOVE CAKE!! Yesterday, I had my sons and family gathered together at our house for a belated birthday bash supper ... to celebrate all the birthdays we didn't get to share together. Hot on the grill were Mini Bacon Burgers, Garlic-Parm Tater Wedges, Baby Greens Salad & Vine Ripe Tomatoes ... and of coarse ... Birthday CAKE!! I made sure I saved room for my little path to chocolate heaven. For me, this is the BEST and EASIEST way to a REAL chocolate high!

Note to Self: "Sorry, heaven maybe calorie free....but this is definitely NOT." :D

Easy Path to Chocolate Heaven

~ Grease Bundt pan - Preheat 350*
1 choc cake mix
1 box instant choc pudding
5 eggs
1/2 c. melted butter
2 c. sour cream
1/3 c. veg oil
1/2 tsp. almond extract
~ Mix all at Low speed 'til moist, then mix at Med Speed for 4 mins. Reserve 1 c. batter. Pour into pan.

1 c. choc chips
1/4 c. dk cocoa power
1 c. cake batter (reserved)
~ Stir together 'til well mixed. Spoon dollups of dk chip filling on top of batter, and then cut w/a knife into each dollup so it will swirl within the center of the cake, a few simple cuts is all that is needed.
~Bake 45 - 50 min's (toothpic check, so you don't over bake)
Cool. Place on cake plate add any of the following: desired frosting, a glaze, a light dusting of powder sugar, ice cream, or sliced strawberries! Yummy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~